#1 Rated Medical, Scrubs, & Mobility Supplier Since 2014!

More Funding Sources in Massachusetts

Massachusetts Funding Sources

Disability-Specific Organizations for Southern New England Residents:

These organizations offer a range of resources and may or may not have resources specifically related to home modifications.

Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater New England Chapter
Phone: (800) 344-4467
Website: www.nationalmssociety.org/Chapters/MAM

Spina Bifida Association of Greater New England
Phone: (888) 479-1900
Website: www.sbagreaterne.org

American Heart and Stroke Association
Phone: (781) 373-4500
Website: www.americanheart.org
Website: www.strokeassociation.org

Federation for Children with Special Needs
Phone: (617) 236-7210 or (800) 331-0688
Website: www.fcsn.org

For Massachusetts Residents

Aging Services Access Points (ASAPs) 

Options Counselors are available at many of the ASAPs to help individuals understand and access the resources available to them. 

Visit the ASAPs website for more information.

Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) Home Modification Resources

Vocational Rehabilitation Program
The Rehabilitation Technology Department’s Adaptive Housing Program at MRC serves consumers with disabilities who are pursuing vocational/employment goals with needs for home modification.

Contact: Eugene Blumkin
Phone: (617) 204-3721 
Email: Eugene.Blumkin@state.ma.us 

Independent Living Center: Title VII Part B
In Massachusetts, federal money from Title VII Part B funding is made available to many of the Independent Living Centers (ILC) in Massachusetts for the purchase of equipment and services to assist people to maintain or achieve independence. For more information, please contact a regional ILC or contact MRC at (617) 204-3628.  

MASILC works to ensure that all Massachusetts residents with disabilities have access to Independent Living Services.  Call 508-620-7452 or see https://masilc.org/cils/ for more information.

Home Modification Loan Program
The Home Modification Loan Program provides low- and no-interest loans to modify the homes of elders, adults and children with disabilities. Such home modifications allow individuals with disabilities to remain in their homes and live independently in their communities. Any homeowner who has a disability or has a household member who has a disability, or rents to an individual with a disability may apply for this loan.

Contact: Susan Gillam
Phone: 1-866-500-5599
Email: sgillam@cedac.org
Website: www.mass.gov/mrc/hmlp

The Massachusetts Assistive Technology Loan Program (ATLP)
The Massachusetts Assistive Technology Loan Program (ATLP) provides low-interest loans to qualified people with disabilities and their families to purchase assistive technology devices and services that will help them lead more independent lives. If you are not financially eligible for home modifications under the HMLP, you may be able to apply to the ATLP.

Contact: Leonidas Tonevski
Phone: 1-800-244-2756 ext.428 or 431
TTY: 1-800-564-9700

Other Massachusetts Agencies with Home Modification Resources

Department of Developmental Services (DDS)
Individuals eligible for services for the Department of Developmental Services may be eligible to receive adaptive housing services through the Family Support Program. For more information contact your regional DDS office or visit www.mass.gov/dds.

Catastrophic Illness in Children Relief Fund (CICRF)
The Catastrophic Illness in Children Relief Fund was established by legislation in 2000 to help families bear the excessive financial burdens associated with the care of children with special health care needs and disabilities. For more information, call Division for Special Health Needs Community Support Line at 1-800-882-1435 or visit their website.

Mass Housing Home Improvement Loan Program
Mass Housing is the state's affordable housing bank. They lend money at rates below the conventional market to support affordable rental and home ownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents of Massachusetts. The Home Improvement Loan Program provides funds to make general, non-luxury improvements to your property, which include necessary home modifications. For more information call (617) 854-1000 or visit www.masshousing.com.

Regional Organizations with Home Modification Resources

Rebuilding Together
Rebuilding Together is a nonprofit organization, using community resources and volunteers to provide free home modifications and repairs for elders and individuals with disabilities. The following communities in Massachusetts have local Rebuilding Together chapters:

  • Boston: (617) 971-0058
  • Worcester: (413) 283-6709
  • Haverhill: (978) 469-0800

Disability-Specific Organizations for Massachusetts Residents:

Muscular Dystrophy Association
Website: www.mda.org

  • Greater Boston - Boston (617) 368-9155
  • Central Mass. - Westboro (508) 898-3375
  • Northeast - Beverly (978) 720-2800

United Cerebral Palsy (UCP)

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Association of MA
Phone: (781) 255-8884 or (888) 287-3257
Website: www.als-ma.org 

American Parkinson’s Disease Association
Phone: (617) 638-8466
Website: www.apdaparkinson.org/community/massachusetts/

Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
Phone: (508) 475-0032 or (800) 242-0030
Website: www.biama.org 

Travis Roy Foundation
E-mail: info@travisroyfoundation.org 
Website: www.travisroyfoundation.org

Source: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/hmlp-resources-and-links

MA Funding list at USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology


Forgot your password?

Don't have an account yet?
Create account